cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Administration Console. Access is denied

George_Kenny
Level 3
I have recently been requested to configure access to our backup server for some of the network users.

I have installed the Remote Administration console onto the workstations and this was fine. When I fire up the prgram following a restart, I can log in using the network Administrator password.

Then I have gone into Netowork - Logon accounts - then created a user account for both users who need access.

When I close and reopen the 11d Backup Exec Remote Administration console and try to logon with THEIR credentials, a message just appears saying "access denied". I have tired ticking and unticking the "Restricted Account" and "Default Account" options, but this makes no difference.

Where am I going wrong?
1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
AFAIK,  both the console and the RA application require Admin rights to the media server (and preferably Domain Admin rights)

ExecView (a free add-on which disappeared with v11) would allow access with standard userIDs, and allow monitoring of jobs, ability to release pre-defined jobs, and the ability to respond to alerts

You may want to add a request for a new ExecView in the Enhancements area