cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Problem

John_Croson
Level 2
I have installed the Remote Agent on my Windows 2003 Server machine as both a push, and pull. Both times my privledges were the domain admin, and both times, the agent fails to allow me to select ANY portions of the server. No drives, or ShadowCopy Volumes.

The only error is the generic, please install the agent, install a license, blablabla.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

Aalok_Pathak_2
Level 6
Jcroson,

Ensure that RAWS license key is registered with Backup Exec system.

In case, the remote machine is running on a Server Operating System, such as Win NT Server, Win2K Server etc, then the remote agent license needs to be purchased and registered with the Media Server (BEWS System).

On the other hand, license is not required for remote systems running Desktop Operating System, such as Win NT WkStn, W2K Pro etc. but remote agent component should be installed and running on them.

Let us know exact error you are facing if further assistance is needed.

Dipti_Chinchole
Level 6
Please update us on the status of the issue.

Level 2
We have a similar problem. We are currently evaluating backup exec server for windows, however, we backup both windows and netware servers.

The remote agent is installed onto a windows workstation as a test and also installed onto a netware server as a test. I am able to see the servers, after adding the IPs and network names into local hosts files. Everything is communicating via IP, even netware server.

I have a similar situation. Though we can see the servers, we cannot see the contents of the server. It asks for a username/password to authenticate to, however, it does not authenticate? Any insight? Please advise for our eval will not last too long.

Thank you.