cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent for Windows System

igorher
Level 2

Hi,

Im getting the following error after two months using BE2010, "A Remote Agent for Windows System license is required for protecting remote servers with this edition of Backup Exec". I understand that I shoul buy one licences per server, anyway, why I cannot see this license as expired in liceces window?

Thanks so much.

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Well the trial period expires after 60 day, even if the GUI does not show as expired backups will

fail from 61st day with license violation error.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

I guess this how it designed , once the evaultion period is over the option disappears from the License Information window. It would be because we just install the licese key and dont have to select any other component like we have to do when installing any other agent or option .

g_toledo
Level 3

Hi to all,

Im using the same product for 2 weeks, bundled with DELL RD1000, i have to backup a 6 remote server.  Do i have to upgrade my software(quick start) or i just have to buy 6 licenses of Remote Agent for Windows System license for me to able to backup my remote servers?

Thanks,

Gilbert

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Please open a new thread incase if you have any issue or doubt !!.

To answer your question you just need to get 6 remote agent license and installed the license in existing set up itself .

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Along with 6 Remote agent license you will require the core product license for BE2010.

The core product license will enable all the features of BE, no need to reinstall BE just add the

license key.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I think you meant to say that the core license licenses BE, which in turn opens up TRIAL licenses for 60 days...in no way does the core license enable all the features for any extended period after that.