cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent keeps Crashing!

JoelPetersenIT
Level 3
Hi Guys,

I am using Backup Exec 12.5 on all my servers (Windows 2003).

However, the Remote agent on 2 out of around 20 keeps crashing!

the rest are ok no dramas at all

My Manager and I have changed the settings and it worked for about a week but now this fix doesnt work!

Help Please!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
On your media server, browse to  X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec, right click  beremote.exe and then

check the version  of remote agent.

On the remote server you will find the beremote.exe at X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Raws,

Both should have the same version, also check the event viewer on your remote server for any errors related to remote agent.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

AmolB
Check the version of Remote agent on the Media server and on the 2 remote servers where are having problem.

JoelPetersenIT
Level 3
Remote Agent 12.5 Rev 2213.144
               Utility   12.5 REV 2213.0

thats on both remote machines

AmolB
On your media server, browse to  X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec, right click  beremote.exe and then

check the version  of remote agent.

On the remote server you will find the beremote.exe at X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Raws,

Both should have the same version, also check the event viewer on your remote server for any errors related to remote agent.

JoelPetersenIT
Level 3

The Media server and the Remote server have different versions,

Media:12.5.2213.163
Remote: 12.5.2213.144

is this the Problem?

JoelPetersenIT
Level 3
I have also checked the Event Log for the Remote Agent and nothing has come up

pkh
   VIP    Certified
@Joel - Did Amol's answer solved your problem?  If not, do unmark it as a solution.  Otherwise, it will give a false impression that your problem is resolved.

JoelPetersenIT
Level 3
im running a backup now as we speak, for now it has solved the problem

JoelPetersenIT
Level 3
the different versions were the problem, have now updated and everything is going smoothly

thanks Amol

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Have you checked that those servers are publishing correctly, and have you considered a reinstall of the RAWS agent via a remote push install?

JoelPetersenIT
Level 3
we have done a restall back in March when this problem first started, but when the problem came back we have tried for a different way to fix it, and i have now updated the versions so they are all the same now and it seems to be running ok now