cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent not detected

Syed_Talib
Level 3
Backup Exec 10 installed on media server. This media server is the file server, I am taking backup from this server, its a local backup. After some time running succesfully now its gives error that "Remote Agent not detected on S003 server"

S003 is the server name.

The above error occured randomly.

Regards
Talib
7 REPLIES 7

anoop_nair
Level 4
Hi,

Re-install the remote agent and ensure that the remote agent service is running prior to taking the backup.

Syed_Talib
Level 3
Its a Media Server. how I remove and reinstall the remote agent from media server ? while we dont need to install remote agent on media server.

its working smoothly for 1 to 2 backups and after that that given error. ( remote agent not detected S003 )

S003 is media server name.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Is the remote agent service running on the media server? Try restarting the service and then test. It should be running under the Local system account.
Do also ensure that the local machine S003 is connected physically to the network. The error can occur if it is not connected to the network.

Hope the above steps help you. If the problem persists, do write back to the forum. However if wed o not hear from you within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Syed_Talib
Level 3
I checked all these points but the problem still comes after 1 day backup was successful but after 1 or 2 days error remote agent not detected on s003 comes and job failed.

Syed_Talib
Level 3
Hello
Can any one help me in this issue?

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

From the link given below www.sysinternals.com ,please download TCPView v2.34 and check if port 10,000 is open and Raws is listening on this port.

Thanks,
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Don_Moore
Not applicable
I am having the exact same problem. This just started one day ot of the blue. Please HELP. I find that if I restart the server it will work for about 1 - 2 days then fail again.