cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent on Windows 2003 Server

MOurenUT
Not applicable
We are running BackupExec for Netware v9.2 on a NetWare 5.1 server.  I can get remote agents for Windows servers on several different workstations and other servers.  However, I can not get the agent to work correctly on a Windows 2003 server.  The firewall has been disabled.  I have checked registry settings, made sure what I think are the related services are running, checked the version through TIDs, and am just stuck now.

There appears to be something that is not advertising to the NetWare server correctly. I have the Novell client installed and logging in. No scripts running for mapping drives. Browsing NetWare servers/volumes works through Windows Explorer.

Any suggestions on alternative troubleshooting ideas are very welcomed.  Right now I'm just not backing up that resource, but would like to soon.

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

JMSI
Level 3
After watching this for many weeks it looks like so far it may have been a bad tape. We have not had any problems for over 6 weeks. We switch tapes every night and one reported bad. We replaced that tape and have not had any more crashes. If anything more comes up I will list it