cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Install of backupExec

TelecommAnalyst
Level 3
I would like to install Backup Exec to a remote server that does not have a CDROM installed.  I am trying to install remotely via the installation CD from my laptop, but it is not letting me connect. I have the server name and domain correct.

All  i really need to do is backup remote servers through the network to a centralized machine that already has backupexec installed.

Is there something  I am missing?
4 REPLIES 4

Eric_Guidry
Level 3
I really dont know why the forums MODERATOR cant reply in a timely fashion. Maybe these posts are beneath them.
It sounds like since you already have BE loaded on another server already all you need to do is push the BE remote agent to the additional server(s). This is ususally done from the server that has BE installed and is acting as the Media Server. You of course need a license for every BE Remote Agent you intend to use.

Stumpr2
Level 6

Eric Guidry wrote:
I really dont know why the forums MODERATOR cant reply in a timely fashion. Maybe these posts are beneath them.

I just think they are very busy.

Allen_K
Level 6

Bob Stump wrote:

Eric Guidry wrote:

I just think they are very busy.

Hi,

Sorry no one has been able to help you with your technical issue so far. Please note that this is a peer-to-peer discussion forum and not technical support.  Moderators are not here to answer the technical issues.

Usually customers come to the rescue. Other times, when they are available, a Symantec employee will volunteer his/her time to find and help solve issues just like any other member of the community.

However, in this case, it looks like you might be better off contacting Symantec Support Services for 24/7 access to technical support professionals. You can also try using our Knowledge Base Search.

Hope that helps!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Copy the CD to a  hard drive on that server, then run from there

AfAIK, you cannot "push" install the media server itself, only agents