cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote agent, port 10000 conflict

Andrew_Sonon
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a Backup Exec 9.1 server on Windows 2003 that connects to muliple servers via TCPIP to back them up using the remote agent. All is fine on all of the remote servers except for 1. This particular server has another service that is using port 10000.

I saw document ID 255174, but have a few questions:

1. If I change the default port, do I change it on the Backup Exec server or the remote server or both places?
2. If I change the default port on one remote server, do I then need to change it on all of my servers?
3. Does the Enable remote agent TCP dynamic port range accomplish the same thing, or is there still this default port that needs to be changed?

I guess I am a bit confused on what needs to be done to allow backup exec to use ports other than 10000 to contact the remote agents.
1 REPLY 1

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

1. If I change the default port, do I change it on the Backup Exec server or the remote server or both places?
*on both the servers

2. If I change the default port on one remote server, do I then need to change it on all of my servers?
* As you have to change the port on media server,you have to change it on all the servers in your environment as remote agents on those servers will try to contact Media server.

refer following technote also :

How to change the port that Network Data Management Protocol uses in Backup Exec for Windows Servers
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255498.htm

Thank you,
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.