cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Windows PC from Favorite Resources

LANTech
Level 3
We are using Backup Exec 12.5 on a Win2003R2 server.
I am trying to remove a Vista x64 computer from Favorite Resources using the instructions at http://support.veritas.com/docs/309546.
When I right click on it and choose delete, the Logon Account Selection box comes up. I can click OK all day, but that is as far
as things get and I must hit Cancel. The Logon Account credentials work fine for backups.
The computer used to have the agent, but it was uninstalled using Add/Remove Programs on the PC.

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate them. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
How long ago did you remove the agent from the server?
Does the icon in the Favorite Resources section for the server you are trying to remove show a yellow warning tirangle?

In essence Backup Exec will tidy up servers that no longer have an agent installed, but the timeouts have been set to at least 2 weeks just in case you have powered a server down for a few days. Once a remote server has not advertised to the media server for a period of time (default is 1 day I think) it will appear with a yellow triangle against it, 13 days later it should disappear - giving a two week removal. The timeout can be adjusted but it involves registry modifications.

The authentication  issue you are seeing is because the mechnism tries to authenticate with the remote agent before deletion and you have already uninstalled the remote agent.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

fredouille
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hi,
did you try to reinstall the agent, remove the Favorite resources, then uninstall the agent ?
The server seems to try to communicate with the client ...

Fred.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
How long ago did you remove the agent from the server?
Does the icon in the Favorite Resources section for the server you are trying to remove show a yellow warning tirangle?

In essence Backup Exec will tidy up servers that no longer have an agent installed, but the timeouts have been set to at least 2 weeks just in case you have powered a server down for a few days. Once a remote server has not advertised to the media server for a period of time (default is 1 day I think) it will appear with a yellow triangle against it, 13 days later it should disappear - giving a two week removal. The timeout can be adjusted but it involves registry modifications.

The authentication  issue you are seeing is because the mechnism tries to authenticate with the remote agent before deletion and you have already uninstalled the remote agent.