cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove server from backup

Mike_Faber
Level 2
I used to backup an exchange server, and now I have migrated exchange to a new server. When I modify my backup job to de-select the old exchange server, It does not save this. Every night it still tries to back up the old server.(which fails of course). I am able to backup the new server.
4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable
I usually find it easiest to just recreate the job whenever I try to remove a machine from it. It may not be the ideal method, but it seems to work much better.

Brian_Ballenger
Level 4
I usually find it easiest to just recreate the job whenever I try to remove a machine from it. It may not be the ideal method, but it seems to work much better.

P.S. The edit page of this forum has some serious issues. The above post was mine, it can be deleted.Message was edited by:
bballe

Kunal_Bijur
Level 2
This could be an issue with the backup selections entries still being stored the within the text view format.
When you edit the selections, try viewing the selections using the TEXT view this time. You may find an entry for the original Exchange server in there. Delete that entry and then go back to the Graphical view to choose the current Exchange server.
This may help resolving the issue.

Aalok_Pathak_2
Level 6
Yes, it seems that old server names are still present in text selection list of respective job definition.

We suggest you to edit the existing job definition and remove suspected old server name from text selection list. Refer the following steps :

1. Open Backup Exec | Job Setup | Select the required job | Right Click |
Properties.

Note down the selection list name.Close the window.

2. Open Backup Exec | Edit | Edit selection list.

3. Select required selection list | Edit
>From view Format select "Text" Find the entry of the old server name.

4. Select the old server name, delete it,Click "OK"

5. From the Job properties | Selections | Text format , cross verify that
entry is removed.

6. Try to perform a test backup and verify the result.

This will resolve the issue.