cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removeable disc problem

Rick_Woods
Level 3
I have two identical Seagate removeable hard drives that I am trying to use for backup. I am abel to create a new folder and run a backup on one disc, but when I remove that disc and connect the other one (So I can take one offsite at night) it does not see it and remains in a queued state. I can then remove the folder I created and create a new one on the second disc and the backup runs fine that night. Then when I try to use the first disc again I run into the same problem. Windows 2000 assigns the same drive letter no matter which disc is connected and when Veritas created the folder it has the same number.

Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give me.
3 REPLIES 3

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Does recycling the bews services help once the removable disk is reattached to the server?

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
When you created the B2D folder did you use "B2D on Removable Media" or just a standard B2D?

Do you inventory the B2D folder after swapping drives?

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Is it that Backup exec is unable to detect Two removable backup-to disk folders at the same time?

Ensure that you have created the removable folders using the steps in the following link:

How to create a new removable Backup-to-Disk folder in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/253764

- As suggested earlier by Mr. Putnam, Inventory the devices and then test the results.

- Also check the following technote:

Title: Best Practices for using removable media and the "Backup to Disk" feature in Backup Exec for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/239539

If the above information does not help, revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.