cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catastrophic error when trying to delete (obsolete) storage media

Perry_D
Level 2

For no apparent reason BE did not make any back-ups more, all jobs kept hanging in queue. After replacing the target HD and retargeting the jobs it started to work again. A full integrity scan of the former HD (in another system) revealed zero errors. Hence, I believe something else went wrong with the BE database. I guess the easiest solution is to forget the 'old' drive and just continue with the new one which is working OK for now. But we want to get rid of the old storage in BE but that doesn't seem to work either. On every attempt this results in "Catastrophic Failure" Unable to delete the disk storage.

I found this solution: https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Backup-Exec/How-do-i-remove-a-disc-storage/td-p/525147
Unfortunately, this solution dos not work for me; Problem at point #8. There's nothing in the table, just an empty list.

What else can I do to get rid of this obsolete disk storage entry?

1 REPLY 1

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

I hope the table was correctly opened. All configured BE device record is stored there.

If you still do not see any entry of this device there, you can open a support case and a technical support engineer can help you solve this Issue.