cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Backup Exec Enterprise Vault Services

Barry_Gerth
Not applicable

I have some service start errors that I'd like to eliminate and I hope someone can provide some assistance.  Basically, all the Enterprise Vault services are failing to start because the executables no longer exist on the server.  The background is originally I had installed the Backup Exec Trial version while we waited for the proper hardware was received.  Mistakenly, I had overselected the options the Trial install and selected the Enterprise Vault option.  When the backup hardware arrived (Dell Powervault RD1000), it came bundled with Backup Exec Quickstart.  At this point I removed the Trial version but selected not to remove the job and device information.  When I installed the Quickstart version I selected less option than I did in the Trial.  As a result, there are references to start the Enterprise Vault services but no files/executables to suppport those entries.  I suspect it's a matter of removing the Enterprise Vault entries from the registry.

Has anyone had experience with doing this or know of an knowledge base article that discusses this?

Barry Gerth

1 REPLY 1

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified