cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports to notify of Tapes to offsite and recall.

Christian_G
Not applicable

Hi All

I am currently in the process of migrating from an old NetBackup environment to a new Backup Exec 2010 R2 environment.

Currently the backup operator gets an email in the morning from NetBackup to notify of which tapes to offsite to our DR site which is generated from the jobs that ran the previous night.  Later in the day the operator will also receive a mail advising of what tapes are required for he next days backup jobs and these are then brought back onsite.

I have configured email sending of reports successfully but I am struggling with which report to use or how to create a custom report for this information.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction to create reports in Backup Exec to mirror the current setup?

System Details

Backup Exec 2010 R2

Windows Server 2008 R2

Tandberg T40+ Tape Library

Many thanks

Christian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The closest thing that I can think of is moving the tapes to and from a vault location.  Read page 250 of the Admin Guide.

Although Offline is a vault location, moving tapes online and offline does not generate any reports.  You would have to create a separate vault location.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The closest thing that I can think of is moving the tapes to and from a vault location.  Read page 250 of the Admin Guide.

Although Offline is a vault location, moving tapes online and offline does not generate any reports.  You would have to create a separate vault location.