cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Job Error

pkeenan
Not applicable

Hello,

I have starting having a very serious error when trying to perform restore jobs.  When I start a restore job the job status is stuck at "Loading Media" and the current operation is "None".

This occurs when I try to restore both files and SQL Server databases to both the same location and a redirected location.  Also backup jobs are always completed successfully.

If I let the job go on it ends up failing with the following error after about 30 - 40 minutes: "Final error: 0xe000fefd - The media server has lost the network connection to the remote agent. Final error category: Other Errors"

I have checked the remote agent and it is running fine (also restarted it, even restarted the whole system).  I have also tried rebooting the backup exec server and tape library.  I have also tried removing the tape drive and media changer from the device manager, shut down the back up exec server, turned off the tape library, started the library, waited for the library to initialized, and then restarted the server.  Still this error keeps happening.

I have all Dell hardware iscluding a PowerVault 124T tape library.  My backup Exec 11d installation is fully upto date (according to live update) and the remote agent has been reinstalled on the server i am trying to restore too.

Any assistance would be greately appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick

1 REPLY 1

Olaf_H_
Not applicable

Hello,

has anyone a solution? I have this problem with a restore of mailboxes from an E2K3 Backup.

BackupExec Version ist 11 6235 with SP3.

Thanks

Olaf