cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Queued

Level 2
Using Backup Exec 9.1 on Windows 2003 Small Business Server. When initiating a Restore, the job becomes infinitely Queued. Backups to the tape drive are running fine. I receive an Alert to Insert media into the robotic library (though it doesn't appear to mention this in the Restore documentation), and I run through the Import of the tape. When I Resubmit the Restore, it goes to Queued again. Any ideas? Using a Seagate DAT 06241 Drive with Six Tape Changer. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Peter_Lyyra
Level 3
Partner
> Using Backup Exec 9.1 on Windows 2003 Small Business
> Server. When initiating a Restore, the job becomes
> infinitely Queued. Backups to the tape drive are
> running fine. I receive an Alert to Insert media
> into the robotic library (though it doesn't appear to
> mention this in the Restore documentation), and I run
> through the Import of the tape. When I Resubmit the
> Restore, it goes to Queued again. Any ideas? Using a
> Seagate DAT 06241 Drive with Six Tape Changer.
> Thanks!

Hi...

It sounds to me that you need to reindex your restore database

Follow the instructions here...

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/272886.htm

Pleas let us know if it worked. There is something els we can try if this does not work.

/Peter

mikewoodson
Level 3
Be sure that you have the correct media in your library and that you have inventoried that tape. When you do the restore, it must be from the tape that you have in your library. If you don't see the tape as an option under your Restore options, then you need to re-catalog the tape. I hope this works.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Verify that the tape is online. and refer to this technote to troubleshoot the issue:

Title : When VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x for Windows Servers is configured with Windows 2000 Removable Storage Management, all jobs go to a queued state in the Job Monitor.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/267635

"NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days,
this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived."

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply