cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore a Backup Selection List in Backup Exec 12.5

RaviAAG
Level 3

I am running Symantec Backup Exec v12.5 on a Windows Server 2008. I mistakenly modified a Backup Selection List and I need to restore it to its previous state. How do I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Only 2 ways around this:

1. Restore the BEDB either using bedb.bak (I hope you backup the Data & Catalogs folders nightly?) or if you use the SQL agent, restore the BEDB through the BE itself.

2. Modify the selection list to get it back to what it was.

Unfortunately if you don't have backups of the Data/Catalogs folders with a copy of bedb.bak before the mistaken change (or an SQL agent backup through BE itself), then #2 is your only choice.

#1 is also the full SQL restore...not a selection list, so you revert all your data to that point & Might have to catalog any tapes used in backups after the mistaken change.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Only 2 ways around this:

1. Restore the BEDB either using bedb.bak (I hope you backup the Data & Catalogs folders nightly?) or if you use the SQL agent, restore the BEDB through the BE itself.

2. Modify the selection list to get it back to what it was.

Unfortunately if you don't have backups of the Data/Catalogs folders with a copy of bedb.bak before the mistaken change (or an SQL agent backup through BE itself), then #2 is your only choice.

#1 is also the full SQL restore...not a selection list, so you revert all your data to that point & Might have to catalog any tapes used in backups after the mistaken change.

Thanks!

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

You can compare the Job Logs also if you took a backup before making the change and after making the change. If the changes were too deep then you would only know what changes you made if detailed Job Log was enabled.

RaviAAG
Level 3

Hi CraigV,

Thanks for your response. I don't have a backup of the BEDB database so I'll be going with option #2.

RaviAAG