cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore by Resorce empty can use restore by media

stevenwells99
Not applicable

Hi

I have an issue with my sharepoint backups.  The backups are running ok, although taking about 18 hours to run using GRT of a 203GB database.

When I try to do a restore, I click on the restore by resource view, expand out my sharepoint node and navigate to Windows SharePoint Services Web Application, Expand Intranet, and there I can see my Content-DB 1  and Content-DB 2 databases etc. However, these all have backup dates of last year.

When I expand out Windows SharePoint Services Search, seach instance, these index files are all current.

When I select View By Media, I am able to expand the Database Server, then various databases and then view all my sites underneath with the documents for each site.

When I backup my test sharepoint farm, which has a standard SharePoint install, it works correctly, I can view all my sites underneath my Web Application tree.

My production sharepoint farm has a seperate index server and seperate web services and databases servers.

When I updated to 12.5 Sp1 yesterday, the job appeared to run correctly, as it took most of the time updating catalogs, but I still can't see any of my sites underneath View by Resource.

It seems to be a bug somewhere?

has anyone found this problem before?

Message Edited by stevenwells99 on 02-11-2009 03:14 PM
1 REPLY 1

Beat_Zi_rjen
Level 3
Hi stevenwells99
Did you get the error ? We are having nearly the same issue.
We can restore everyting over restore by media and the daily backup job hasn't any errors. But if we want do a restore by resource, some webapplications are not visible.
The interesting thing is, that some web application are visible and some not in the resource tab. Although the webapplications are on the same server and the permissions are identical.

Our Configuration
Backup Exec 12.5 Build 2213 SP1 + hotfixes

kind regards

beat