cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore files from a different domain

Ross_Luker
Level 3

Hi

We recently migrated some servers from one domain to another.  A little while later some files went walkies, and I need to restore them from a backup prior to the migration.  I've selected the data from the media, and redirected the files to a different location, but as soon as I hit Submit, the job fails with "e0008488 - Access is denied" with no other info in the job log.  I've tried with the resource credentials set to the admin for the old domain (we still backup the DC for that domain, so I know they work) but no joy.  I've also tried redirecting to servers in both the old and new domains, but neither help.

Any ideas? Restoring the files in place isn't an option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ross_Luker
Level 3

Thanks to all.  The issue was that the account (on the new domain) that was running the services was different to the System Default account within BE for running jobs - even though I wasn't using that account within the confines of the restore, that was still causing the issue.  After some fiddling (no-one had the password for the system default account), I deleted and created a new system default account using our standard credentials.  Restore worked just fine after that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Striker_303
Level 6
Employee

Try to re-direct restore to a folder on BE media server.

Also run "active debug monitor" with remote agnet and beserver debug enabled

(Path: Tools -support utilites -run debug monitor)

and copy the logs here.

ArulPrasad
Level 6
Employee

Ensure to have the Domain account is set for Backup exec services and for the restore Job is Updated with the current Domain information.

Redo the service credentials.

if Be server is Migrated to the new Domain as well Update Backup exec Database with the new Domain Information.

Beutility -> Right Click on the server -> update Configuration for new media server name

Update the BE service Credentials and see if that gets Authenticated.

Retry the restore.

Do Not use the Old domain account (That does not play any role with the restore)

From General Tab: select Option restore all information Except Security for files and directories

Let me know how it goes

Ross_Luker
Level 3

Thanks to all.  The issue was that the account (on the new domain) that was running the services was different to the System Default account within BE for running jobs - even though I wasn't using that account within the confines of the restore, that was still causing the issue.  After some fiddling (no-one had the password for the system default account), I deleted and created a new system default account using our standard credentials.  Restore worked just fine after that.