cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore files

plainfield
Level 3

Is there an article anywhere for backup exec 12.5 that explains how to restore an individuals folder containing saved files.  

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

How old are the backup sets that you wish to restore?

If in case the catalogs are purged than you will have to run a catalog job on the media before 

restoring any data. Below article explains how to restore a file or folder.

http://www.backupexecfaq.com/restoring-a-file/

plainfield
Level 3

Sorry to bother with this as I am new at it.

The backup tape is from April monthly.   After I load the tape how do you read it to see what is on it in order to then locate the file.

Thanks

plainfield
Level 3

After I load a tape and go to media I do not see anything such as a tape label or such.

Thanks

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

After loading the tape you need to perform an inventory, In the devices tab right click on the tape and 

select "restore". If the catalogs are not purged than restore window will show the contents of the tape

else BE will prompt to run a catalog job

plainfield
Level 3

I loaded the tape and right clicked on the tape drive and selected inventory with highest priority.   The job shows in the monitor window as queued but has not started and does not seem to want to start.

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...right-click the job and choose the option to respond to alerts. See if anything shows up.

plainfield
Level 3

I right clicked on the job and the respond to alerts is grayed out.   

Sorry about the problem but I thought there would be an easy way to load a tape, read it to see what is on it and then look for a missing file.