cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore from Full Backup fails with 0xe00084ed error

mertman
Level 3
I am getting the error 0xe00084ed when doing a restore from a full backup. It happens with every file I try to do. when I do a restore from an incremental backup, it works fine.

I don't understand why it works from an incremental backup, but not a full backup. We've replaced the cables, reseated the SCSI card and still the problem persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

When the restore job fails check what event id's you get in the windows system log.

If you are getting event id's like 5, 7, 9 ,11 or 15 refer to http://support.veritas.com/docs/255501

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
1st thing to start with Install the latest symantec drivers again .
After installing the drivers reboot the Robotic library in correct order i.e shut down your media server and RL
!st bring up your Rl once it is intialize reboot the server and try running the job again

mertman
Level 3
I do have the latest drivers.  I don't believe we have a Robotic library as we load the tapes manually.

mertman
Level 3
I get an event ID of 9, and I've been thorugh the steps in the document you refer to. Everything is positive, the document points out no problems.

I did the SCSI trace which gets an error about 22 minutes into the restore. Below is the SCSI log entry:

But I still don't understand why it always happens when i restore from a complete backup, but never happens when i restore from an incremental backup.

Event:       284  Start: 13:26:25.873  Stop:  13:47:57.633  Duration:  1291.759662
SCSI Address: 02:00:11:00
Function                                SRB_FUNCTION_EXECUTE_SCSI
SRB Status                              SRB_STATUS_BUS_RESET | SRB_STATUS_QUEUE_FROZEN
SCSI Status                             SCSISTAT_GOOD
Flags                                   SRB_FLAGS_DISABLE_SYNCH_TRANSFER
Sense Length                            18
Data Length                             0
Driver Result                           STATUS_IO_DEVICE_ERROR
Raw CDB
2B 00 00 00 24 56 A1 00 00 00                   +...$V....
CDB Operation                           LOCATE
 LUN                                    0
 BT                                     False
 CP                                     False
 Immediate                              False
 LBA                                    2381473
 Partition                              0
 Control                                0x00

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I am getting the error 0xe00084ed when doing a restore from a full backup

Does this happen for one particular full backup or all your full backup?  If it is the former, then it could just be that particular backup is bad.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Try rebooting the server and the tape drive

mertman
Level 3
It happens on all my full backups and none of my incremental backups.

mertman
Level 3
I've done this several times and keep getting the same result.