cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore from previous backups after upgrading to 11D

Johnny_Holston
Level 3
I just upgraded from 9.1 to 11D and it appears that things are working for the most part, except that when I try to restore any backup that ran before the upgrade, I get a runtime error and Backup Exec locks up.  I can select any server to restore under the View by Resource tab and I can see all the backup jobs on the right.  All the jobs since the upgrade show the template name under the Description column and I can expand any of those and see all the files.  But on the jobs that ran before the upgrade, I see a series of little boxes before the template name in the Description column.  When I select one of those jobs, I get the following error message:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\ BkupExec.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Depending on how you did you did your upgrade, the catalog may not have complete information about previous tapes

Have you tried inventorying one of these tapes, and then checking the catalog?

Johnny_Holston
Level 3
I tried inventorying the tapes and even recataloged them, but they still show up the same and I still get the runtime error...