cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore jobs from LTO 2 tapes queue with no device listed

Goofy3
Level 2
We just upgraded from an library with LTO 2 drives to a new Library with LTO 4 drives.  When we attempt a restore from an LTO 2 tape, the job shows up in job monitor as in queue, but with no devices selected.  While the job is in this state, any other jobs that try to start report no available devices.   How do we configure the new drives to restore from the old tapes?  Quantum has confirmned there is hardware read compatabilty. 
2 REPLIES 2

Goofy3
Level 2
a little more info:  Restores from backups created on the new library work.  The media for the restores from LTO2 was imported into the library and inventored, but the software does not even attempt to load it for the restore.

Goofy3
Level 2

I'm still looking for an answer, and have run into more questions than answers: When I check the media types I've added barcode rules based on the suffixes L1, L2 and L4 (the old tapes have a suffix of L1 and L2). I've tried setting the L1 and L2  rules as LTO, LTO2 and LTO3, none of which helped.  The media type option on the drives is set to read and write for all LTO types. I'v tried changing the media type on the old media from LTO to LTO2 and LTO 3, to no avail.  The old media also has a prefix, so I've setup  rules for the prefix and suffix combnations as LTO2. Still no luck.

As far as I can tell, the drives are configured in BE as capabile of  reading  the old tapes, the old tapes are definedare defined ny barcode rule and in the DB as a compatible type.