cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore of Backup to Disk Failing

Ramotalana
Not applicable

Hi All

I am new to back-up exec, please bear with me....

We are running Bankup Exec 12. For the past 2 months we have been running back-up to disk to an external drive. My setup is quite simple, the external drive is on my data server(Which has the agent running) and Back-up exec is on my application server. The application server has Pastel data that needs to be backed up aswell. I have been running full back-ups of that Pastel data which sits on app server onto the external drive on the data server.

I now need to restore the data but I am coming accross the following error: 

Error category    : Job Errors
Error             : e000fe28 - A network connection to the server could not be established.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65064

I restarted all the services and made sure that the back-up to disk folder shows as online, and now I get either the above error or the below one:

Error category    : Resource Errors
Error             : e000846a - The resource could not be restored because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent. 
Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33898

I read on some discussion about cataloging the media before doing a restore and attempted to do that and I get the below error:

All Media Used
B2D000025
Error category    : Backup Media Errors
Error             : e0000900 - The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-2304

I ran the inverntory and tried to catalog again but I get the same error, I ran a scan of the backup to disk folder, inventory and the catalog again but I get the same error.

Please assist/advise

Thanx

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Check if the remote agent service is started on the server where you are restoring data.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

As a first step, you should create your B2D folder on an internal drive on your application server and get some good backups going.  Sort this out before trying to create the B2D folder on the data server.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Make sure you have all the bkf files which are needed for the restore, present in you backup to diskfolder.

In the restore selection , go to view by media tab and check which bkf files contains the data which you want to restore .You may Also try re-naming the catalog folder and running the catalog again on the bkf files from which you want to restore . It might be that the b2d files are overwritten by some other or they are not present .

Make sure all the backup exec services on the media server are running as well.