cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore of Exchange 2003 Mail Store fails with access denied

Gary_Dayton
Level 2
No problem with backing up the Exchange 2003 Mail Store but cannot restore, always receive access denied error. I have checked permissions of the user account performing the restore and don't see a problem. I've spent a couple of days on this and have tried everything I can think of to no avail.
7 REPLIES 7

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please unmount the store and check the option to allow it to be overwritten by a restore and try again.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Gary_Dayton
Level 2
Tried that. Receive same message, access denied.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Perform a redirect restore and verify if you get the same error. Also check for the system and application logs for errors.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Gary_Dayton
Level 2
We do not have multiple Exchange servers, only one. I cannot redirect the restore to a different server.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Do you receive any events in the event logs?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Gary_Dayton
Level 2
It has been nearly 3 weeks to my first posting. At this rate this issue will never be resolved. Just close it.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Could you please Update us on the issue...

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.