cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore old Backups into BE3600

David_C1
Level 3

Hello,

We have a bunch of backups from months ago and would like to restore/import them in order to restore some files a user is looking for, that were corrupted in our recent backups.

Is there a way to import an older backup file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If they were B2D folders, it's simple...go into BE and add a new B2D folder, pointing it to the folder/s your boss copied. Then inventory and catalog them.

Once done you can try running as duplicate job from this B2D folder to the appliance.

THanks!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Where the old backups (tapes/disk) are residing and which version of was used to write those?

Which version of BE do you have now?

If it is 2010 or 2012, How you are using the 3600 appliance with it? i mean as normal disk storage ot VTL or Dedup store?

Thanks...

David_C1
Level 3

They are all using the same appliance (BE3600 with 11.x, 2010 I believe, received the 2012 update a few weeks ago), they date back to last month and before. 

The backups are on an external HDD for now, plugged into the BE appliance.

David_C1
Level 3

My boss has put our older backups into the backup folder for BE, is there a way that the program can recognize them? or can we import them as I am requesting?

We urgently need to find a way to figure this out!

CraigV

Hi,

If they were B2D folders, it's simple...go into BE and add a new B2D folder, pointing it to the folder/s your boss copied. Then inventory and catalog them.

Once done you can try running as duplicate job from this B2D folder to the appliance.

THanks!

David_C1
Level 3

Seems my boss already copied the files over into the B2D drive we had, just need to restore them. We are doing an 'inventory' now, will try after.

David_C1
Level 3

We are having an issue now. We have the backups all in the proper areas, and they're on the appliance, however, when we try to restore we get the "Physical volume library not found". Any idea as to the cause of this? I assume it is due to the fact that the disk/drive the backup is on is not found or is corrupt, but how do we fix this?

CraigV

Hi David,

Can you close this off again and I will branch this off onto a new discussion?

Thanks!

David_C1
Level 3

Will do. thanks

Also, please add a link to the new thread if possible.

CraigV