cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore single exchange 2010 item

dave122
Level 2

Hi Forum,

I was hoping someone can answer this question. When restoring an exchange 2010 item like someone’s calendar for example. Does Backup Exec 2010 have to recover the whole database and then restore the item in question? I tried to restore a user’s Calendar and the byte count for the job was nearly as big as the information store. The failed due to the BUE exchange agent stopping. But i just wanted to confirm my suspicion was correct before i attempted the task again.

Thanks for everyone’s help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

GRT allows restore of individual items, however if restoring from tape, the entire database would be staged first, before allowing the individual item restore..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

GRT allows restore of individual items, however if restoring from tape, the entire database would be staged first, before allowing the individual item restore..

dave122
Level 2

Thanks VJware, that answers my question perfectly.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...just to expand a bit more...the default location is C:\Temp. If you leave it like this, your C:\ needs to have as much free space as your Information Store as you found out in your OP.

To change this, go into Tools --> Options --> Microsoft Exchange and enter the details of a folder on a drive with enough space for the temporary staging.

Thanks!