cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring 3TB of data from tape to disk.

T_T1
Level 4

Just wondering if anyone here know a quick/easy method for what I need to do.

I need to restore 3tb of data from my tape on to disk and give the hard drives to my client to view the data. Obviously I can restore all the data onto a file server and from there transfer it on to individual 1TB hard drives (that'll take forever). I was wondering if there was a method similiar to having a tape drive where backup exec will write on a tape and when that tape is full, it'll automatically switch to the next empty tape on the partition. I'm open to any suggestions..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

T_T1
Level 4
Great, thank you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi T_T,

Definitely possible. As long as the tape is in a scratch media set, or appendable (you can add data to the tape) it will grab the next tape available.
Once the job finishes, eject your tapes and give them to your client!
Just make sure all the tapes in the partition are scratch, otherwise it won't work.

Laters!

T_T1
Level 4
I'm aware its possible with tape. My question is it possible with SATA hard drives? I need to restore the data from tape on to hard drives.

Thank you

teiva-boy
Level 6
 You'll have to restore it in sections...  Or just buy two 2TB drives in a NAS enclosure or DROBO and give that to the customer.  This way you'll have some 4TB of capacity in a JBOD or RAID0 array.

T_T1
Level 4
Great, thank you.