cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Restoring AIT tape to a network share

KFlavin
Not applicable

I have Backup Exec 11d running on a Windows 2003 server machine, with a single AIT5 tape drive attached.

I have another machine, running Mac OS X 10.5, that is sharing a folder to the windows machine (mapped as the z: drive) using SMB.

I have a tape I need to restore to the shared folder on the Mac (the shared folder is on a XRaid), going over the network.

When I try to run the restore, I attempt to to change the destination of the files being read off the AIT tape by checking "Redirect File Sets" under "File Redirection" in the Restore Job window.  However, my mapped network drive "z:" does not show up when I browse to change the drive path.  If I enter it in manually, the job fails.  If I try to access it through Domains->Microsoft Windows network->Workgroup-><machine name> I get an error that says:

"Selection of this item is disabled.  Possible reasons are..."

It then goes on to talk about the Remote Agent, and licensing for the Remote Agent.

Is the Remote Agent required for this?  As far as I can tell, I'm going to need additional software and a new license just to get some data off this tape and onto the storage attached to my Mac.

0 REPLIES 0