cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring Arcserve tape data ( taken via NDMP ) by Veritas Backup_exec

muthuraman
Level 2

Is it possible of Restoring Arcserve tape data ( taken via NDMP ) by Veritas Backup_exec ?. I have a plan to migrate to Veritas Backup_Exec. In future, will backup_exec support the  restoration of old data which has taken through Arcserve .

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As I have already stated we do not officially test that scenario - the official answer is unsupported. The official result is unknown ( as we do not test the scenario )

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver

We do not officially test such a requirement and as such it is unsupported (and I doubt it will work, although the use of an NDMP Option or Agent is intriguing as to the best of my knowledge we have never been asked for competitor compatibility against the NDMP Tape Format.)

Note if you do internet searches you may find some details of restoring Arcserve for NetWare data with Backup Exec for NetWare OR the version of Backup Exec for Windows that was available at the same time. However both the Arcserve and Backup Exec product versions refered to in such articles have been obsolete for well over 10 years so such the articles no longer apply.

Hi Colin, Thank you so much for the inputs. I want to know the confirmed ( official )result.

Colin_Weaver

As I have already stated we do not officially test that scenario - the official answer is unsupported. The official result is unknown ( as we do not test the scenario )

Thank you so much Colin