cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring HTML or Rich Text Emails Fails

Kenneth_Sheppar
Level 5
I'm running 11d with all updates and using GRC IS backup to tape and the Continuous Exchange protection to disk. My backups complete error-free, but I cannot restore HTML or rich-texted emails from either sorce. The restores complete completely error-free, but the retored emails contain nothing in the body. The header and subject line does restore correctly. I've tried using differnet shapshot periods and over-write restores, but they're all the same.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. All was working PERFECTLY with 10d and I'm kicking myself for ever upgrading this code.

Ken
4 REPLIES 4

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Have you applied hotfix 2 for the same?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/285742

Thanks,

Kenneth_Sheppar
Level 5
Yes, I am. And in my post I clearly wrote that I was running "11d with all updates." Moreover, I've posted this same general question over the past week and half and all of the Symantec help staff ALWAYS ask did I install the hotfix 2 when I clearly have stated that I have. After I answer their question, I NEVER hear back from them on the Exchange CPS restore issues that many users on the board are experiencing. I'm guessing that the Symantec policy for "helping" the paid customers is to ask a question and then wash their hands of the issue. While Symantec has gotten me for the cost of this installed software, I'm confident I'll never purchase this product again nor will I purchase a dime of Symantec stock.

Ken

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Kenneth,

Have you tried redirecting the restore of these emails to a different mailbox and then verified if this has worked?

If no please try this and verify the results.

============

Kenneth_Sheppar
Level 5
I have tried this several weeks back and it also failed with the exact same blank messages when restoring to an alternate mailbox. Moreover, I have stopped using the GRT backup method because a Symantec rep named Swati Joshi posted a notice on 12/22/06 at 4:14 am that the GRT features were under research. I took this to finally mean that Symantec ackowledges that the product does not work and cannot be trusted for mailbox backups. Here's the post that I'm referencing.

Thanks.

Ken Sheppard

Hi Ned,

This issue of GRT features and exchange backup is under research for the moment.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, but request you to take the backups by enabling legacy mailbox support.

Thanks