Restoring a Exchange 2003 mailbox into Exchange 2007

Rob374
Level 3
Does anyone know how to do this?

3 REPLIES 3

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
It is not recommended by symantec but I have done it couple of times. If you have the exchange 2003 GRT backup then you can redirect the individual mailbox to the exchange 2007. Make sure you create the new mail in exchange 2007 and while restoring redirect it to that particular mailbox.

Rob374
Level 3
Thanks for replying - Have you tried redirecting to another mailbox eg. restoring mailbox 1 to mailbox 2 or does it have to be mailbox 1 to mailbox 1

Do I have the correct settings selected in the attached picture correct?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
The option you have selected for the redirection seems to be fine ... Make sure the account you are using to permform the restore has proper rights and permission to proceed with the restore i.e the accoutn should have an active unique mailbox , should have the exchange full administraot role , member of domain admin group , should have send as and recives as rights etc
Also the make MAPI cdo is installed on the exchange 2007 server and mangement console installed on the media server .
Incase if ou have the backup on tape,it would be better if you duplicate the backup set to b2d so it does not have stage every time you run the restore .