cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring from a resource that no longer exists

Nik_Andrew
Level 2
Hi,

One of our servers died beyond repair. We managed to take a back up, but are having trouble trying to restore on to a new server. When I create a new restore job the resource credentials show the old server which no longer exists.
When I run the job I get an error: A000848A Unable to attach to one of the drives.

Is there a way to reset a tape or catalogue to not include the old resource.

Thanks

Nik
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
When you create your restore job, choose ReDirect and point it at the location you want it.

(You are not trying to do a full Distaster Recovery to a different Machine, are you?)

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please let us know if your issue is resolved.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Nik_Andrew
Level 2
Hi Ken,

What I am trying to do is restore the msdb, master dbs.
so I right click on the tape and select the catalog that contains both.
Click the file redirection and point to a new folder on the new server that the tape drive is attached.

What I notice is the resorce name is the old server that doen't exist.

Thanks for your reply

Nik

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Are these flatfile back ups or SQL backups?

Any specific error messages?

Level 3
Hello,

In the Resource view, restore selections are listed by the resource from which they were backed up. Backup Exec wouldnt understand that this resource is no longer available.

When you carry out a redirect restore ,you cannot redirect restore system state.
If you are redirecting SQL databases the choose SQL redirection from the Restore Job properties.
Also refer to the admin guide pages 444 onwards

(title) VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers Administrator's Guide (English

http://support.veritas.com/docs/266190

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have you cataloged th emedia?
What is th exact error message?

Please update us on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.