cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a000fe36 HEX Error

Dave_Charlton
Level 2
I keep running into the a000fe36 HEX error. I checked the job log and it fails on the same file every time. I searched the forums and came across this
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/258696.htm
This is the problem and error I am running into. But I know the file is not in use. The file is an outlook.pst file that is stored on our Windows 2003 server (file storage not an outlook server) but the user logs out and closes outlook every night, so it should not be in use. The other thing I noticed is that is does not fail on a consistent basis. So why does it keep failing? An ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Are you using advanced open file option?

If you are not using AOFO, have you tried selecting "Never" under AOFO option?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Dave_Charlton
Level 2
No, we did not pay for the AOFO option.

I could select never under the AOFO option box, but I would like to back up the file. I know the file is not in use by outlook so I would like to try to avoid this option.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Is antivirus service or any other third party application is running on the server during the backup?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.