cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring individual email

Jimbh
Level 3
Using v.12, trying to restore an email

I always get final error: e000848f --insufficient disk space.  I have 26 GB on the D:\Temp folder.  I have tried moving the temp files to another server that has 118 GB on it, and I still get the same error.

Please help
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
How big is your Exchange Data Store?

If the GRT enabled  backup is on tape, BackupExec needs to stage the entire Data Store so it can extract the desired items

Jimbh
Level 3
The IS is about 22 GB.  Even if were one-toone, it should barely just fit on the backup server itself.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Hmm

Not sure why a drive with 26 GB of free space can't handle a 22GB IS.  How fragmented is the drive

Also just re-read the original post, and another Server won't work.  The temp space for staging must be  NTFS and local to the media server

Jimbh
Level 3
It appears that if I back up to disk from another server that I won't have this problem.  Is this true?

Thanks

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

It appears that if I back up to disk from another server that I won't have this problem.  Is this true?

are you asking if a stand-alone media server will work?

Jimbh
Level 3

are you asking if a stand-alone media server will work?

I had just noticed that under the "guide me" for GRT, that if I back up to disk instead of to tape, then it doesn't have to restore the entire IS to a temporary folder before restoring individual items.  I obviously don't have enough space on the present server, so I will need to back up to disk on another server.

Not the ideal solution, but would this fix things?

Thanks