cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring user's single Outlook Contact Item?

Mark_Mills
Level 3
Environment:
Backup Exec 10.0 Rev 5520 running on W2K SP4 server with Exchange Agent.
Exchange 2003 SP1 Ent Ed being backup up successfully.

Job to perform:
a single contact item was deleted from the boss's utlook, contact list. This single contact needs to be restored without bringing down Exchange for the rest of the office.

Previous Experience: In my Exchagne 5.5 days with BUExec I could restore individual email items or contacts without any impacting any other users.

Present Postion: I can see the boss's deleted contact item from last nights backup. If you open up BUExec I can see it located at:

Restore Tab -> Selections -> --> contact to be restored

Questions:
1) do I need to set any special rstore parameters ( General \ Advanced \ Exchange) on the restore job to run the restore?
2) will this restore start and stop the Exchange store, temporarily interrupting any users or mail flow.

Just an FYI, I will be upgrading to the 11D next week.

Thanks guys for your input, I'm just doing some due diligence here before running the restore job. I'm faily confident that I can just run the job now and it won't interrupt anyone. --but confirming this would be appreciated. :)
1 REPLY 1

Mark_Mills
Level 3
OK, To heck with due diligence. I ran the restore job and the contact restored successfully without interrupting anyone on the network.

Thanks Symantec\Veritas for making it so easy.