cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

SBS 2003 Server backup

rsteward
Not applicable
Hi

I'm looking to replace the backup solution on our SBS 2003 servers. I have a few question that I hope someone can clarify for me.

1. I would like to have scheduled differential backups onto 5 external USB drives labelled MONDAY to FRIDAY for each server. I would also like the backup mechanism to regulate these backups and purge old data to make room on the drives as necessary. Is that possible / straight forward?

2. I need to be able to perform a bare metal restore from the USB drives in the case of a disaster. Does Drive Backup have a Universal Restore type mechanism in case the restore hardware differs from the original server?

3. We use Adaptec and HighPoint RAID cards in our servers and already have a BARTPE boot disk that supports these in our LAN environment. Will the BARTPE plug-in allow us to perform a bare metal restoration from this disk? Is the plug-in compatible with Reatogo?

4. It looks like you can restore individual files by mounting the relevant image and drag/dropping them. How does Drive Image accomplish this with Exchange or SQL databases? Is there support to restore individual mailboxes or do I need to schedule something like ExMerge to perform a brick level backup prior to Drive Image running?

5. We have 3 virtually identical servers that require this solution, what is the cheapest method to implement Drive Image? Do we need "Server Edition", "Express Backup" or will the "Technical Licence" cover all of these requirements?

6. It's not clear from the website if the Technical Licence is the full "Server Edition" for multiple servers or a subset of the product - can someone clarify?

That's it! Any replies greatly appreciated.
0 REPLIES 0