Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP Traps

Dan_1
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Hi All,

I am working with a new Managment tool by CitrixOnline, this tool uses SNMP to monitor applications like BEW & BESR. 

This tool is great but does currently work straight out of the box and I need to set up my own alerts.  What I am looking for is either to be directed to a resource that can help me confirm the error message that I need to watch for when monitoring SNMP or for someone to help me by telling me what to expect.

I know i could watch and see what happens but this will take a will and will be counter productive in a Pro-Active system.

Your help is appreciated.

Dan
3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Well assuming the tool can manage SNMP MIB files - I would start by adding the MIBS for BackuP Exec into the tool.

We do supply the MIB files within our installation DVD.
 Should be in \BE\WinNT\SNMP\<language>

Note from a support point of view most of our customers would be using OpenView or Insight Manager so there won't be much awareness of how you configure this new Citrix tool.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
I don't know anything about this CitrixOnline tool, and I can't find anything about it, but one thing to note is that Backup Exec's SNMP implementation is only as a trap sender. It can't be queried, so if the Citrix software is not a trap receiver, then it won't work with Backup Exec.

However, there is a list of SNMP traps for Backup Exec 2010 at http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/342202.htm

Dan_1
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Thank you very much, the list of SNMP traps is perfect.

I will play with the MIB file too just in case it does work.

As for citrix is a new program called GoToManage and we are officially the first company in Europe using it, hence why it doesn't have much support at the moment and I am doing it myself.

Thank you both for your help, its appreciated.