cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SONY SDX-460V

Klaus_Humme
Not applicable
Hi,

I've installed a SONY AIT-1 with Windows 2003 SBS.

The OS is able to see the device and installed a device driver.

Using BE10.0 and trying to add the new device to a device pool, I get the message, that there are no new devices are available.

So I tried to configure a new device using the assistant.

A click in the follwing "Help Window" on "Install a device driver" and using the option "VERITAS Media-drivers for all media devices" and BE10.0 delivers the used driver (s32ait.sys) and the available VERITAS-driver (sonysdx.sys).

Trying to install the VERITAS-driver gives me the following message:

Treiberladefehler 0x800703F2 bei IDE\SequentialSONY_SDX-460V___________________________0100____

Der Schluessel der Konfigurationsregistrierung ist unzulässig.

Installation abgeschlossen

"Treiberladefehler" means, that there is an error during the loading of the driver and "Der Schluessel ...." means, that the key of the configuration registry is not valid.

I'm not able to use this device with BE10.0, altough it's listed in the HCL (see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/274347.htm)

Are there some suggestions to solve my problem?
1 REPLY 1

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Were you using the OEM drivers for the device before? If yes, uninstall those drivers.Reboot the server. Then the stop the removable storage service if at all it is running. Try installing the Veritas drivers after that from the following link:

Title: VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0 - Device Driver Installer (20050315) - Includes Tape Driver Release (20050115) and Robotic Library Release (45) (Intel Only)
http://support.veritas.com/docs/275676

If the problem persists, check for error in the event logs: application and system. Do revert in case the problem recurs.

However if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.