cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL 2000 Databases Remote backup options not showing

Charlie_Kangas
Level 4
Have a server running Server 2000 Standard with SQL 2000. I installed the remote agent on the server by copying the RANT32 folder from my BUE Media server and running the seupuaa.cmd. It installed fine. When I logon to my media server and start a backup job, I can see all the files and folders on the SQL server, but I cannot see the databases as I should. I do have the SQL Agent installed on my media server, but it appears it wasn't as part of the remote install. It appears the SQL agent was not installed as part of the remote install. What did I do wrong and how can I fix it? Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

STeve_O
Level 5
Im assuming you have a SQL agent license installed on the media server.

Try enabling restrict anonymous support on the SQL server

http://support.veritas.com/docs/271315

Charlie_Kangas
Level 4
Well I tried setting the registry key as suggested, although the article you referenced was related to clustered servers, which I do not have. As far as I know the Agent is licensed. I am not the one who installed this. There is a serial number for SQL Agent when I go to the setup screen in BUE. Any other ideas?

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

- Do you see any other selection from that server??

Thanks
regards

Charlie_Kangas
Level 4
Yes, I can see and select any file or folder with no problems.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly check if the Versions of the Beremote.exe on both the servers are same..

Thank You,

Shweta

Charlie_Kangas
Level 4
Yes they are. Here is an update on what I have recently tried. I unistalled BUE from the media server and the remote SQL server and rebooted both servers. I reinstalled BUE on media server and did a push install of the remote agent to the remote SQL server. Still same problem.

Another issue that I failed to mention is that some of the BUE services are failing to start at boot time. One of those is the BUEserver service. I have to go in and manually start that after I boot the server. As per one knowledge base article I checked the connection to the MSDE Backup Exec database on my media server and it checked good. I also checked the connection to my SQL server and it checked good as well. Do I have to use my SQL server to host the BUE database, or is it fine to use the MSDE version on the Media Server?

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Could you try uninstalling the SQL agent license and then reinstalling it again?

Thanks!

Charlie_Kangas
Level 4
I had forgotten about this question. Oddly enough, what I found out is that my Active Directory was not replicating properly. So apparantly this messed up communication between the BUE Media Server and the remote agent. Once I got replication replicating properly the SQL server databases started showing up in my backup jobs. Yeah. Thanks all.