cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Backup Agent Processes running in the middle of the day

Richie_Broome
Level 2
There is not a backup job being run durring this period. If i stop the agent and kill the processes, the preformace improves.

The last few days we have been having issues with this server having to do with long query times and timeouts�etc�.After looking into a little bit it seems that I may have found the problem. There are ~32 Processes running that say either

BACKUP DATABASE TO virtual_device = 'Membership_00__6b6d5a7c_270a_4696_9048_5b79fe3d75f3_'

Or

BACKUP DATABASE TO virtual_device = 'SSFP_Members_00__d18bae4d_3ca3_456f_b439_d6681b7aa711_'

I

Any Ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Could you please elaborate us on the issue?

- Is the sql server a remote server?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Richie_Broome
Level 2
Well,

There is a backup agent installed, and it runs only at night. Durning the day there are multiple processes running in SQL that point to the backup agent that are slowing down the server. If I stop the agent service, and kill the processes, the server will speed up. I will then turn back on the agent and no processes will be running.

The next day I will have to repeat the process. Is as if the sql backup is not closing the processes at night after the backup is done.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Do you mean that beremote.exe is causing high CPU usage ?

Could you please update us on ...

version of SQL ?

Installed on windows 2000 or 2003 ?

version of beremote.exe ?

Is the seperate backup of SQL server ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.