cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL server agent licenses

brian_marshall_
Level 3
I have  Backup exec 11d would like to know how many SQL agent licences i need . Is it per SQL server I backup or one licence agent per Backup exec server. As I cannot select  a SQL databse in a selection list and not sure if i need more licences.

Thanks..
6 REPLIES 6

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
It is per server and not per instance or database. What is the database you are trying to select. Is it related to Enterprise Vault or Sharepoint? If yes, those databases would be backed up by different agents and hence excluded from SQL Agent selections.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

brian_marshall_
Level 3
HI, The database is on a virtual cmis server on a hyper v host. I can connect/select to other virtual server database ie a sharepoint server. Just not this one. I just cannot see it in the selection list. I have reinstalled the client and cant see any errors. We have 2 agents SQL and SQL 2000. But I can connect to other sql 2008 databases.

thanks...

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Ok, when you say you cannot see the database, do you mean you are not seeing the instance or some specific database? Can you post a screenshot?

Thanks

brian_marshall_
Level 3
Yes , besides the option to select the V: drive, shadow copy and system state,  I should beable to select the microsoft sql server database ie CMIS database. In the first pic there is no option to select it but on the second pic I can select the sql database. and the the second pic is of a virtual computer hosted on the same machine. Thanks..

Publication1.jpg

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Is SQl clustered here? If yes, check for virtual node for availability of SQL selections. Also, did you say it is SQL 2008, not supported with Backup Exec 11d. Support for SQL 2008 is available only starting BE 12.5.

Thanks

brian_marshall_
Level 3
second pic
Publication2.jpg