cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL server not visible

Tibor_Borzak
Level 3
Hi,

I have : veritas b.exec server 9.1 rev. 4691. on win 2003 server. client : win 2003, sql 2000 sp3. service is running with a domain account. SQL server selection is not visible for one server (for other servers YES). Licensing checked ok, agent checked ok. Restricted anonymous checked : http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/276930.htm ok. What could be the problem ? please suggest. Thanx
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Is the RemoteAgent installed and running on that SQL server?

Using Enterprise Manager, can you see the problem server from the media server?

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Also ensure that the version of the remote agent is the same as Backup Exec server.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Tibor_Borzak
Level 3
Hi,

I have remote agent version (beremote.exe) : 9.1.4691.49
Server side version (bkupexec.exe) : 9.1.4691.48

Is it make any difference ?

Tibor_Borzak
Level 3
Hi,

I will make the test and I will come back to you. I am only "backup operator" on that machine, I have to ask the sysadm guy to check it. thanx

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Do update after doing the tests.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Tibor_Borzak
Level 3
The Veritas account was only in the BackupOperators group on the SQL machine. I put it in the Administrators group and now it is working fine. Thanx.