cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled BackUp Failed

Lee_Ward
Level 2
One of my clients has daily scheduled backups and the wednesday backup failed last week.

The Client Canceled the Backup and BE says the Cencel Is Pending then the next day backup didn't run at all. also all the backups following the failed backup, the text has turned purple.

Any Suggestions
6 REPLIES 6

Chris_Wills
Level 2
I have a similar(ish) problem Lee. See thread http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=52438&tstart=0

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Can you mention the exact error message ?
Is it a local backup or scheduled backup ?

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Chris_Wills
Level 2
Lee: Just incase you are uwittingly chasing the same problem that happened to me:-

It turned out that a Java script in an APC UPS product had expired and rendered all sorts of random behaviour to occur especially to running services. This error will occur if the customer is using PowerChute® Business Edition 6.x.Message was edited by:
Chris Wills

Lee_Ward
Level 2
I think the problem lied with when the scheduled job ran a backup it was requesting user input to overwrite the tape so i have disabled all prompting regarding overwriting of data so hopefully the clients scheduled backup will complete. Thanks for your replies

Lee_Ward
Level 2
What Changes I made still haven't solved the issue. when the backup starts gives error that the Backup Exec engine failed to initialise.

Any Suggestions

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Lee,

From your query it is difficult to know the exact issue and the error that you are getting. So once again I request you to elaborate on it. What type of backup you are taking ?
Is a local backup or a remote backup ? How many servers you are backingup in one job ? Mention the exact error message. Are you backing up any database ?

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool