cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Job stuck on "To be scheduled" job status

kradangel
Level 3

Hi there,

I need help. Scheduled Job stuck on "To be scheduled" job status. Tried to restart the services, restart the server, restart tape drive but issue still persist.

I can't even delete, reschedule or hold the job. Clicking Job then HOLD, nothing happens. When clicking job and click RUN NOW, it says starting job but it take so long and returned with error "The request channel time out while waiting for a reply 00:09:59:9979998. Increase the time out value...... Same thing for DELETING. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RogerR
Level 3
Employee

This is a known issue described in this article: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH192287

Please contact technical support and refer to the above article if you have this issue.

We (technical support) can solve this issue.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you tried re-creating the job?

kradangel
Level 3

It cannot create job. Stuck also in creating jobs and then returned with error "The request channel time out while waiting for a reply 00:09:59:9979998. Increase the time out value......".

All my schedule jobs have Status of "Ready; No idle devices are available".

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Make sure that the device that you are backing up to is online and ready.

kradangel
Level 3

Yes. All are online. Tried to pause the Library and edit the job, but cannot get through because it stuck on "Getting (my job name)" then after a long wait it returned with error like my above post.

kradangel
Level 3

Tried to create job with run now schedule. It was successfully created, but then, job status is "To be scheduled" after creation of job. I clicked on the Job and click "RUN NOW", it says Starting Job but keeps on loading and prompt the error.

Please see attached screenshot.

kradangel
Level 3

Hi, Please help...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to the BE installation directory and use the BEUtility to repair the BEDB,

kradangel
Level 3

I've tried to repair Database but after a completed repair. Still have the same issue.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

In that case, short of uninstalling and then re-installing BE, I think you need to log a support case with Symantec.

*EDIT*

Before doing any of the above, go to Add/Remove Programs and repair BE.

*END EDIT*

Andy_83
Not applicable

We have exactly the same issue with our full configuration.

Support Case: 03590481 - opened on 04.02.2013 - still no solution from support. I sent them configuration files, BE2012 database files... gave them remote access, ...

I sent 21 Emails, many phone calls, ...

Iam very dissappointed with the technical support and backup exec 2012. I think i have no choice and must search another backup software.

The actual "solution" from the support is a minimal configuration so that we can backup the "basics".

But that is *******

kradangel
Level 3

This is very disappointing and madenning. Hello SYMANTEC, can you look at this issue. We have the timeout error in the previous month and just fixed last MARCH and the only resolution provided by SYMANTEC is to reinstall the application. Would you like us to uninstall and reinstall again?

RogerR
Level 3
Employee

This is a known issue described in this article: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH192287

Please contact technical support and refer to the above article if you have this issue.

We (technical support) can solve this issue.