cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratch Media Set

dustin_frost
Level 2
i had a few jobs that needed to run but i knew they would not because i did not have media in the libarary under scratch media but when i got back after the weekend the jobs had ran and taked media under my daily media set. my question is that i thought that a job that did not have media in that set or in the scratch media set that it would not run, so why did my jobs take media from a set it is not supposed to and run the jobs instead of not run and give error no media.  
3 REPLIES 3

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
BE tooks expired media from another pool if he doesn't have overvritable media in selected pool or scratch media set..

dustin_frost
Level 2
that would explain things alot better i just thought it was not supposed to do that but i guess it would if the media was expired is there a way i can change that so that even if the media is expired it wont be used in another pool no matter what

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
All you could do is create one or more partitions in your loader, then point your jobs at the partitions.  BackupExec treats single slot partitions as standalone drives, and multi-slot partitions as small loaders

If a tape that matches the job criteria is not found, the job will NOT look outside the partition