cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segate 20/40 DDS4 scsi tape device

Alex_Samol
Level 3
FYI: This is the 3rd tape device...Seagate has sent this problem started after a Windows Update!
The Tape device model TC4200-091 DDS-4 has all the dip switches in the default position, ON. It's attached to a standard Adaptec 29160 scsi card and the scsi cable has the proper terminator on the last connector.
I have installed the latest 29160 card drivers from Adaptec. Uninstalled the tape device several times, installed two hot fixes from Veritas , downloaded and installed the newest device drivers from Veritas.
Can we attached screen shots? The problem is that the diag utility test electronically ok but fails on the read/write. In the removable storage the drive has a red X says it's not present yet it test out electronically and the cleaning tape works. Also in the Backup exec app the device show up as ready to use.
Thank you any ideas would be appreciated. Alex
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
IF you shut down all BackupExec services, does NTBackup see and access the drive correctly?

Alex_Samol
Level 3
Good idea...I'll let you know

Alex_Samol
Level 3
No change...the nt backup app can't find the divice...
Thanks,
Alex

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Hmmmm

Have you tried a different SCSI card?
A different cable?
A different terminator?

If NTbackup can't see it either, then it is a hardware problem somewhere.

Alex_Samol
Level 3
I hear you, however the Tape utility diag pass on electrical and hardware config. Only fails on read/write. The device manager has no problem, Backup Exec can see the drive...
I'll try some hardware changes...tonight or tomorrow night.
Thanks, Alex