cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server paused.....

Brian_Englebrig
Level 4
All of my job status's display "server paused". Anyone seen this before?

Cheers
7 REPLIES 7

Lively
Level 5
Is hold job queue selected?

Brian_Englebrig
Level 4
Do you mean "hold schedule" ?

Lively
Level 5
On the Job Monitor screen, there is hold schedule which is an option if you have a job selected.  Or hold job queue which should move the server into a paused state

Brian_Englebrig
Level 4
None of my jobs are on "Hold Schedule", yet all of the jobs show a job status of "server paused".
I've never seen it do this.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
If you go to the Job Monitor view, ensure you have the Task Pane visible.
At the top of the Task Pane (on the left-hand side), as well as Hold Schedule (which applies to a single job), there is also a Hold Job Queue option (which applies to a media server). If there's a tick on this, remove the tick.

Brian_Englebrig
Level 4
Well, that was strange. There wasn't a tick on the "hold Job queue" option. So I put one there, and then de-selected it, and the job status went back to scheduled. So, it looks ok at the moment. Thanx.

Pete_Vlachos
Not applicable
I have had this problem many times. Like a plague. The fix most times is simple. Go to the devices tab. Highlght your media server. Right click and pause it. Then unpause it. This is caused by an interruption which corrupts a file. Backup Exec shows nothing paused. Just fixed this today after 10 days following a problem with a tape drive. Symantec support knows about it but hasn't published the fix.