cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Server: "servername") The Symantec ThreatCon Level is not up-to-date.

lesleyp
Level 2

Backup Exec Alert: Job Warning

(Server: "servername") The Symantec ThreatCon Level is not up-to-date. 

Anyone? I can't find something about this error.

Server with BackupExec 12.5 (+all latest updates/patches) (win2k3 also up-to-date)

Thanks,

Lesley.

11 REPLIES 11

Kevin_Cotreau
Level 6

For more info, go to the help menu, and click Topics. On the index tab, if you type in threatcon, it returns two topics, which explain the subject well, but here are excerpts:

"Symantec Endpoint Protection uses a ThreatCon level to provide an overall view of global Internet security. Symantec's ThreatCon levels are based on a 1-4 rating system, with level 4 being the highest threat level....You can configure Backup Exec to automatically run a backup job when the ThreatCon reaches a level that you specify....The media server must be connected to the Internet to monitor the ThreatCon level."

Personally, I would question whether I really want automatic jobs to kick off during the day unless you have a very robust network (very segregated server functionality with relatively low utilization, and high network bandwidth). These settings are located under "Network and Security".

I am not sure why you got that specific error since I don't have a lot of information, but here is a Symantec document with that error: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/312310.htm

lesleyp
Level 2

Thanks,

this should be the cause;

This happens when the Backup Server also has Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 or later or the Management tools for the same or any other Symantec Antivirus application registered with LiveUpdate is on the same server

* ThreatCon Level not updated

It's not active, i want it disabled.

* LiveUpdate is not allowed to access the LiveUpdate server.

Connection with liveupdate server is ok. I can install patches....

* The settings for LiveUpdate to connect to the Internet are incorrect

Connection with liveupdate server is ok. I can install patches.... 

* Antivirus definitions not updated

I use another antivirus software (officescan trend av)

Anyone other ideas?? Still got the warning message...

RalphK
Not applicable

Hello,

we've the same problem since we've started updating to Backup Exec 12.5 beginning with the CASO Server and one Managed Media Server. We have no Endpoint Protection or Symantec Antivirus in use. Threatcon is not activated. LiveUpdate is configured in Interactive Mode, but it's still working on manual base as it should.

I've to udate up to 30 Managed Media Server and we can not accept to get this warning message every day from each of these servers. And the alternative to disable the "Job Warning" alert is no real option.

Has anyone some ideas??

BR

Ralph

Wiko
Not applicable

Though we only have a single Backup Exec 12.5 server, getting this message every day is quite annoying.

I'd love to see a solution for it as well.

No symantec endpoint protection is installed since we too use a different antivirus program (McAfee)

scripty
Not applicable

push up ...

this Post stand over 14 days and symantec have no solution for this simple  Problem, that's very lame. sorry for this phrase.

i waiting for a effecitive solution.

lucky_luk
Not applicable

Hi there,

I have the exact same issue after an upgrade to BackupExec 12.5

No Symantec Endpoint Protection
Liveupdate works OK
Backups work OK
Using a different kind of antivirus

As I am not using the threatcon level. A solution disabling this message would be acceptable, but I still need to be able to receive the other backup notifications off course.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,

Kevin_Cotreau
Level 6

Scripty, these are Peer-to-Peer Forums. Symantec does not oficially monitor them. If you NEED a solution, you need to call and pay for support.

lesleyp
Level 2

Call and Pay for support.??? Smiley Very Happy

i've found now ->  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/315592.htm

quote;

Note:
The above alert is still encountered even when Symantec Endpoint Protection is not installed on the Backup Exec server.

Symantec Corporation has acknowledged that the above-mentioned issue is present in the current version(s) of the product(s) mentioned at the end of this article.  Symantec Corporation is committed to product quality and satisfied customers.

There are no plans to address this issue by way of a patch or hotfix in the current or previous versions of the software at the present time. However, the issue is currently scheduled to be addressed in the next major revision of the product.  Please be sure to refer back to this document periodically as any changes to the status of the defect will be reflected here.  Please note that Symantec Corporation reserves the right to remove any fix from the targeted release if it does not pass quality assurance tests.  Symantec's plans are subject to change and any action taken by you based on the above information or your reliance upon the above information is made at your own risk.

Kevin_Cotreau
Level 6

Good find Lesleyp, so there is no solution planned for this now. Not surprising since it does not really effect anything.

As far as paying, I was just trying to make a point. I certainly would not pay to fix this either, but if you come here is a server-down situation and expect Symantec to save you, it won't happen since that is not the point of these boards.

prbond
Not applicable

The easiest way to deal with these is to turn them off -

Go to Configure Alert Categories and "Job Warning"

You can either deselect record in the event log, Check Automatically Clear after x minutes, or if you never want to see anything about them, Deselect Enable Alerts for this Category...

Anything wrong with the job will still be available within the job log, you just won't get Alert Nags about it :)

hzandberg
Not applicable
The oil-warning lamp of my car burns... shall I cut the wire?