cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Servers not in selection list

BackupMartin
Level 3

Good Morning,

I backup lotus domino database with the BE LotusDomino Agent. The backupjob works fine but now there is a error

0xe0000f04 - Der Medienserver konnte keine Verbindung zum remoten Computer herstellen. Auf dem remoten Computer läuft möglicherweise nicht Backup Exec
Remote Agent for Windows/Linux. Stellen Sie sicher, dass die korrekte Version von Remote Agent auf dem Zielcomputer installiert ist und ausgeführt wird.
Endgültige Fehlerkategorie: Ressourcenfehler

.... cannot connect to remote agent.

When I look in my selection list I'cant see the servers I want to backup under favorite resources. When I add server under "user selections" I can't connect to thes servers because the login failed but the account is ok.

Hve someone a idea what the problem can be?

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the version of BE2010, is it R1, R2 or R3?

If its R3 then install the Hotfix mentioned in the below article

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/issues/remote-servers-do-not-show-under-favorite-resources-b...

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH161270

BackupMartin
Level 3

I use Backup Exec 2010 R3. I'll install the hotfix hope it solve my problem. thanks for help.

BackupMartin
Level 3

Sorry for the late answere. your solution don't solve my problem. I've installed the hotfix and restart the server.

I can't see the servers under favorite resources- windows systems. When I select "show by resources" I can't see them. When I select "show selection details" I can see the servers. I don't know what the problem is.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Did you update the remote agents as well after applying the hotfix ?

Also, on the remote server, open the remote agent utility & check if appropriate info is added under the security & publishing tabs...

BackupMartin
Level 3

Yes, I've updated the remote agent on the push function of BackupExec. The check revealed that no updates are needed.

The Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility show under "Security" a trus relationship to the right media server.